Dear Parents / Guardians,
We appreciate your interest in our school and very much look forward to having you.
We know that when seeking admission into a new school, the process can be very involving especially if you do not have much information.
We have therefore, outlined a few steps that will make entering BBS as stress-free and as exciting as possible.
Please join us while we take these steps together...
1. First Step Towards Entering BBS
- ADMISSION FORM: This form can be purchased from the Accounts Office or downloaded from our website. Please complete the form, sign it, and return it to the Admissions Office either by e-mail or hand-delivered.
2. Admission forms will ONLY be accepted for review when...
- THEY ARE FULLY COMPLETED AND SIGNED.
- COPIES OF STUDENT’S LAST THREE TERMS REPORT CARDS OR RECENT STANDARDIZED TEST SCORES for students coming to BBS from outside Ghana, ARE ATTACHED.
- ALL MEDICAL FORMS including medical authorization, immunization forms and health information are attached.
- A COPY OF STUDENT’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR PASSPORT PAGE (i.e., the photograph identification page), AND ONE PASSPORT-SIZED PHOTOGRAPH is enclosed.
3. Information provided in the admission form will largely determine the eligibility of your ward.
The following however, will also play a key role in that regard...
- AGE: Without exception, year groups within the school are determined by age in accordance with the National Curriculum of England
- ASSESSMENT - LANGUAGE & MATHS: English Language proficiency is a requirement as all subjects are taught in English. The school will do an assessment of spoken and written English, as well as, Mathematics. This applies only to children aged above 4 years.
- CONTACTING FORMER/PRESENT SCHOOL: BBS will conduct routine checks on prospective students by requesting a recommendation from their former/present school.
4. On Passing the Assessment...
- Parents will be notified with an official Admission Letter from the Admissions Office either by e-mail, pick-up by parent or courier services.
- In the Admission Letter, there will be an invoice outlining all fees and a deadline for settlement.
- An admission, once offered, will be deemed accepted when fees on the invoice are settled in full before the stipulated deadline.
5. Once you are admitted...
Parents should, upon receipt of the Admission Letter, do well to secure their place by immediately addressing the following without which your ward/s cannot start school:
- Payment of tuition and all other fees directly to the designated bank account; details will be outlined in the admission letter.
- A copy of the bank deposit slip must be presented to the Accounts Office in order to obtain an Official Receipt of Payment. Please note that payment is only considered complete when the school has issued an official receipt.
- Receive a welcome pack with Student/Parent Handbook, etc. from the Admissions Office.
6. Waiting List...
- A student may have successfully passed the entrance exam and/or interview but a place may not be readily available. In such cases, students will be put on a waiting list. No financial commitments will be required of such students until the school officially confirms their placement.
- All students on the waiting list will have equal chances of placement. However, preference will be given to students who already have siblings in the school.
7. Fee Structure...
Kindly contact the school’s Accounts Office for briefing on fees.
Admission Requirement List
Kindly note that
you can download the school Admission Requiremnt list soft copy
Download Admission Form
This form can be purchased from the Accounts Office or downloaded from our website.
Please complete the form, sign it, and return it to the Admissions Office either by e-mail or hand-delivered.
This form can be obtained from the Admission Office
Please complete this form, sign it, and return it to the Admission Office!